How to Play
Step 1 – Start
Hold the stick horizontally with point facing upwards at shoulder height.
Step 2 – Push & Pull
Pull your left arm towards your chest and at the same time push your right arm forward and out.
Step 3 – Stop & Fly
Make a sudden stop by pointing in the throwing direction. The ring will take off and fly.
Step 4 – Catch
Anticipate and keep your eye on the ring.
Ways to play
YOU.FO can be played everywhere, at anytime, by anyone. It can be played on each surface: in the park, at the beach, indoors or in your backyard.
You can just throw and catch together, have fun challenging each other or making the learning curve together of becoming YOU.FO masters.
There are various ways to play freestyle, try different throwing and catching techniques, for example: overhead, backhand or floorsweap.
Fun dynamic games
- Make squares
- Score by grounding the ring in the opponent’s square
- Change turns when the ring is caught or when the ring lands outside of the opponent’s square
- Throw the ring above shoulder level
- First player to have 11 points wins.
- To easy? Use 2 rings to increase the challenge
- More players: Use multiple squares or more players per square.
- Level up: Score with a backhand or overhead and receive two points.
official team game
YOU.FO Zone is the official YOU.FO World team game. It is a mixed-gender and non-contact game that can be played 3 vs 3, 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5.
- Scoring: A point is scored when a player successfully catches the ring in the opponent’s scoring zone.
- Passing: Throw and catching the ring with your stick.
- Running: Not allowed to run with the ring on your stick, only pivot.
- Defending: Intercepting a throw, ‘blocking’ or ‘claiming’ the ring.
- Blocking: Tactical positioning in front of ring possessive player. For tactical and safety reasons.
- Claiming: If the ring isn’t caught, anyone can claim it by being the first to tap inside the ring with your stick.
- Personal zone: Each player needs to have at least arm and stick length distance from the ring possessive player.
- No out of bounds: There is no out of bounds in YOU.FO, both teams agree on the scoring zone size and if the ring lands outside of these scoring zones. Just claim the ring and continue playing.